Neven Ciganovic, a plastic surgery addict, claims a botched nose job has left him with a painful and permanent erection.
The 45-year-old reality TV star said he flew to Iran to have an operation to fix his crooked nose but began to suffer long-lasting erections after he returned home to the Serbian capital, Belgrade.
The Croatian stylist said: “I was in Iran for rhinoplasty for the documentary film that Channel 4 is filming covering my life. We did not record the surgery but only the consultation sessions with the doctor. They gave me general anaesthesia and I reacted badly to it.”
According to News.com, Neven said during his plastic surgery doctors diagnosed him with the rare condition, priapism, a condition where men suffer painful erection that lasts for several hours.
The reality star recovered in hospital, but said doctors there refused to give him painkillers despite him being in agony.
Suspected ritual killer, Ifeanyichukwu Maxwell Dike, who escaped from the custody of the Rivers State Police Command last month, has revealed how he managed to get to Jos, after been rearrested by the Plateau State Police Command. .
Dike, a 300-level Physics student at the University of Port Harcourt, was apprehended by a vigilance group on his way to dispose off the body of 8-year-old Victory Chikqmso, whom he allegedly kidnapped, raped and murdered. .
He, however, escaped at the state CID, barely 24 hours after being paraded. But the Plateau State Police Commissioner, Mr. Peter Ogunyanwo, said the culprit was rearrested in Jos, after breaking into a house in Barkin Ladi to steal.
Dike while speaking with journalists, said he travelled to Jos from Port Harcourt through a trailer that loaded goods to Jos. “I came to Jos on August 21, 2017 because I was trying to run away from the alleged ritual offense I was said to have committed, but I am not a ritual killer.
I only had sex with the girl and cut off her body while trying to escape from the environment, but I am not a ritual killer,” he said. .
While speaking on why he was arrested trying to robbed a house in Barkin Ladi he said: “I thought it was an abandoned house because I was looking for a place to hide so that people will not identify me, but unfortunately the owner was in the house and he raised alarm then I was arrested.”
The late cultural icon, Adebayo Faleti, was buried in his Agboye Village, Oyo State, on Friday. The interment was preceded by a funeral service held at the First Baptist Church, Oyo. He died at the age of 95 at the University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan on July 23.
On Friday 8th September 2017, at about 7.30am troops on Operation LAFIYA DOLE deployed at Kamuya, Yobe State, received report from some herdsmen that some suspected Boko Haram terrorists had abducted 6 persons from their village. .
The troops in conjunction with local vigilante familiar with the area trailed the terrorists up to Mangari village, where they exchanged fire with them, neutralizing 2 of the terrorists and rescued the abducted persons. .
The troops also recovered 2 AK-47 rifles. The rescued persons have been reunited with their family.
Former Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo has said the administration of the country’s current leader Muhammadu Buhari has not disappointed him. .
“President Buhari, I have said, has not disappointed me because the areas which we knew he was strong, he has performed fairly well,” Obasanjo told BBC’s Focus on Africa, singling out Buhari’s scorecard in the fight against corruption and the Boko Haram insurgency. .
But the former leader conceded that not “everyone will be satisfied” with Buhari’s anti-corruption war, Guardian reported.
Obasanjo, however, insisted he would only support Buhari for re-election in 2019, should Buhari seek it, after he must have reviewed his performance towards the end of his current 4-year term.
Former Spice Girl member, Mel B, has been accused of intimidating a witness who was prepared to testify against her in her bitter divorce war with Stephen Belafonte, and police have opened a felony investigation.
Rapper Siya, who starred in “Sisterhood of Hip Hop,” filed a police report Monday, claiming Mel B sent her texts last Saturday threatening her if Siya dared testify against her … this according to law enforcement sources.
TMZ reports that, Siya showed police the text messages and a felony witness intimidation case was opened. Siya was prepared to contradict Mel B and testify Belafonte never physically abused his wife. .
Siya claims she was a close friend of both Mel B and Belafonte. Sources connected with Mel B dispute that, saying Mel B only met Siya a couple of times. Siya is prepared to testify Mel B frequently used illegal drugs. .
She’s also prepared to testify about the 3-ways between Mel B, Belafonte and their nanny, Lorraine Gilles. Siya claims Mel B was the one who called the shots in the 3-ways.
A Chinese couple who already has seven daughters has allegedly spent more than 90,000 yuan (£10,345 or N4.7m) buying a son from strangers in order to carry on their family name.
According to the Mail Online the couple, Mr. and Mrs. Chen, have been arrested and charged by the authority of Fengshun County in China’s Guangdong Province.
Local reports say the baby boy, just over a month old, had been abducted and sold to the couple, but Mr. and Mrs. Chen told the court that they had not been aware of that fact.
The Chens had been married for many years and were desperate to have a son because of their ‘traditional mindset’, said the report.
They had been trying to have a baby boy. However, all of the seven children they have are girls and they are aged between two and 18, Mr. Chen told a reporter from Meizhou TV.
Therefore, the couple decided to buy a son.
Mr and Mrs Chen have also been charged with buying a child who was abducted.
The court is yet to announce a verdict in both cases.
The National Association of Resident Doctors, NARD, has suspended its strike.
The suspension was announced in the early hours of Thursday after a meeting of the executives the association.
The strike by the doctors, which commenced on September 4, crippled activities in public hospitals across Nigeria.
A former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to stop being a sectional leader and take the moral high ground.
Ezekwesili, who supported Buhari during the 2015 presidential election, urged the President to act as a true leader by showing love to all.
The former minister said this in a series of tweets on Twitter while reacting to the recent deployment of soldiers in the South-East codenamed Operation Python Dance 2.
She stated, “It is tragic that you, our President, Muhammadu Buhari, have deliberately or inadvertently alienated a segment of the people you lead. It is tragic.” Ezekwesili said it was wrong of Buhari to punish an entire geopolitical zone because of the actions of a few.
She added, “The leader of a country cannot be friends only of those he/she likes. No. That is not leadership. The leader builds up groups. Not divide. You cannot lead only those that worship and swear by you. You are the leader. You must carry the burden even of those that detest you.
In a bid to eradicate extortion by its officers, the Nigeria Police has re-launched the ‘Bail is Free Campaign’ across the 36 states and Federal Capital Territory, FCT.
To ensure compliance with the directive, the Inspector General of Police, IGP, has ordered all Assistant Inspectors General of Police and Commissioners of Police to immediately ensure that bail is indeed free and that a sign in that regards is pasted in the crime branch, statement room, charge room and other conspicuous locations in all police divisions, stations and outposts throughout the country.
The directive is contained in a statement signed by the Force’ Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood.
The people are encouraged to paste the sticker “BAIL IS FREE” on their vehicles, conspicuous locations and public centres to assist the Nigeria Police Force to spread this campaign. “The Inspector General of Police has sent out the X-squad of the Nigeria Police Force to all the states of the country to monitor compliance to “BAIL IS FREE” campaign and given the power to arrest, detain and discipline any erring Police officer.’’ The force released the following numbers to lodge complaints: 07056792065, 08088450152
The Imo Police Command yesterday paraded a 16 –year- old teenage boy, Onyedikachi Iyaka, from the Ehime Mbano Local Government Area of the state for suspected gun running and possession of weapons and other police kits. .
Parading the suspect, the State Commissioner of Police, Chris Ezike, disclosed that 400 rounds of chained GPMG live ammunition, 1,016 rounds of AK47 live ammunition, one AK 47 empty magazine, one K2 empty magazine and one army camouflage bullet proof vest was recovered from him. .
Other exhibits recovered from him according to the CP were, one police bullet proof vest, one blue police raincoat, one green beret cap and one empty ammunition. .
Ezike who expressed surprise and was visibly shocked by the quantum of exhibits recovered, said that recovered weapons could shoot an helicopter. .
When interviewed, the 16 –year- old suspect acknowledged that he was into the business of selling ammunition untill the police caught him. But he disclosed that the crime business belong to his elder brother whom he identified as Jeff Iyaka, who is now at large. .
The teenager said “ I am not the owner of the business, it belongs to my brother, Jeff Iyaka. I sell each packet of ammunition N7,000.”
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo has said that immediate past president Goodluck Jonathan did not nip Boko Haram insurgency in the bud in its early days, hence the big problem the country is facing now.
_ “We did not do what we should have done when we should have done it. We left it to become a very very intractable problem,” Obasanjo said in an interview with BBC on Sunday.
_ “I went out in 2011 to Maiduguri. I took great risk to find out what is really happening. Boko haram, do they have grievances, if they have grievances, what are their grievances and I brought all that to Jonathan. Jonathan didn’t believe that Boko Haram was a serious issue. He thought that it was a device by the North to prevent him from continuing as president of Nigeria which was rather unfortunate.
Even when Chibok girls were abducted, it took a while for the government to believe. Now if that is the situation, you can understand why the right attention was not paid to the issue of Boko Haram when it should have been paid.
Boko Haram will not be over. It started from a position of gross under-development, unemployment, youth frustration in the north-east. So we must be treating the disease not the symptom,” Obasanjo said.
Obasanjo has also said that Biafra agitators have grievances and he does not blame them for seeking self-determination. He however, said that Biafra is not the answer, adding that the anwer is for the country to work as it should be.